Monday 10 October 2011

2pure and Clif - I can't believe it's not butt'r


Since the inception of Cross Club exciting things have been happening. Some fast, some slow and some surprising. New kit design was finalized and will be coming in the next month or so. Fast and slow.

One of the surprises was team support from 2pure. You'll have perhaps knowingly and unknowingly ingested, applied or ridden one of their products - from Chamois Butt'r to Crank Brothers they have a big range.

Image borrowed - thanks for the loaner!

Having used them the most however, I have something brief but appreciative to say about their range of Clif products, and one in particular. Indeed, I've enjoyed Clif bars before in training and racing, but a revelation in nutrition occurred this summer in the form of Clif Shot Bloks.


24 hour racing - just a sample of our nutritional intake.

Racing 'Sleepless in the Saddle' 24 hour MTB race as a pair with fellow Cross Club rider Rich Holland, we decided to give Shot Bloks a go. They didn't disappoint. Coming in a variety of flavours, packed with complex carbohydrates, electrolytes and (some varieties) the all important 25mg of caffeine, they were not only ideal for such a race, but also proved to be the only thing I could consistently stomach during my 24 hours of racing. I cannot recommend them highly enough, and as above, they took pride of place in our selection of energy products.

As you can see we used a bunch of products and of the above, they were by far the easiest to stomach, the best tasting, and the thing I took out on every lap.

And so it was an easy choice to write about a product I rate very highly. Both Rich and I went through a substantial amount of them and I have chosen Shot Bloks of all flavours to devour prior to, and during many races since (Kielder 100, and cyclocross, showing they are ideal for any length of race).

Give them a try and you'll be impressed too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment